Territorial Electric Ltd. is known throughout the construction industry for its skilled and professional workforce, high performance standards, and quality workmanship. We value hard-working individuals who are interested in learning to advance their skills and abilities. We recognize and reward strong work ethic, creativity, and dedication.
True, Territorial has a very low employee turnover rate, but we’re growing so we are always interested in hearing from aspiring or seasoned electricians looking for a valuable and rewarding career. Our doors are open and we welcome the opportunity to meet you.
If you are looking for…
- Competitive wages
- Outstanding benefits
- Unsurpassed incentives
- Developmental opportunities
- Lifelong learning
- A stable, respectful employer
…then you will love working for Territorial.
If you are interested in joining Territorial’s family of employees please drop by our office with your resume… and make sure you have some time for a chat!
We are located at 8303 Roper Road in Edmonton. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (closed from Noon – 1:00pm).
Our Job Postings
We are seeking a Site Administrator for immediate placement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working on Edmonton area project site providing assistance to site management and the Project Management Team.
- Primary contact for all project required administrative functions.
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, and submittals etc.
- Handles project administration, which may include receiving, and assisting H.R. and Safety Managers with assigned duties.
- Prepare operational reports for the Project Manager including progress reports, schedules, safety meetings. Participate in meetings with Project Managers to prepare minutes and distribution.
- Provide support with payroll, manpower reporting and on-site orientations etc.
- Responsible for daily correspondence with project resources, vendors, and clients.
- Provides overall support to the Project Team.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Positive attitude and a desire for continuous improvement for self and the organization.
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy, reliable and willing to take initiative and able to promptly meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ administration experience in the construction industry in a similar role.
- Post-Secondary Education is an asset.
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Teams, etc.) Bluebeam experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a very fast-paced, directed and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated positive relationships with internal/external customers.
- Valid Class 5 (Non-GDL) drivers license.
- This position will be working in a temporary site office. Project is located in Acheson.
- Monday to Friday 6:30am – 3:00pm
- Steel toe boots required for site entry.
We are seeking an Apprentice Electrician to join our team!
Duties vary from one level to another but, in general, you will:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Pipe and pull wire through various size conduits
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Registered as an Electrical Apprentice
- WHMIS 2015 Certificate
Full-Time Service Technician
We are seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our team!
The Service Technician is responsible for technically competent, customer-friendly support and maintenance of electrical services. As such, job duties include but are not limited to:
- Treat client with high level of respect and work to develop a partnership
- Investigate and problem solve to determine the most efficient way to solve client issues
- Perform electrical work alone or with others making individual judgment calls in the field prior to contacting Service Manager
- Determine client needs and most effective way to meet them
- Estimate amount of time and material to complete service tasks. Plan ahead to determine possible materials required
- Communicate with Service Manager on a frequent basis regarding scheduling and work in progress and to assure jobs are completed within scope and budget
- Obtain and order commodity material
- Responsible to make sure company vehicle is properly cleaned and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicant must hold their Journeyman certificate.
- Red Seal applicants are preferred.
- Must hold valid Driver’s License and be willing to submit a Driver’s Abstract.
- Must be able to pass Criminal Records Check as required by our Clients.
- Minimum of at least 4 years’ experience as journeyman in field would be ideal.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Previous experience ordering from wholesalers
- Great time management skills. Candidate must be able to manage service calls that require more time than anticipated without becoming frustrated or rushing through a job.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions provided by their customers.
- Successful candidate must have troubleshooting ability and show flexibility to think outside the box
- Well rounded experience on a variety of systems is preferred.
- Working conditions vary. Industrial/Warehouse/Office/Residential calls.
- Must be flexible with hours, shifts and locations with reasonable notice
- Must be available for “on call” work one week per month
Salary and Benefits
This is an opportunity for long-term employment with an array of benefits for the right person. Candidate will be provided with a company van, gas card and phone. Pay will be based on experience.